Motivational column "Self-overcoming with pleasure’ by J. Nesterets
- Want to fly high? Ask me how!
MOTIVATIONAL COLUMN ‘SELF-OVERCOMING WITH PLEASURE’ BY Y.NESTERETS
«KITES RISE HIGHEST AGAINST THE WIND, NOT WITH IT» (WINSTON S. CHURCHILL)
We all try to shrug off new duties and projects, obtaining new skills and knowledge. Why? Because anything new implies quitting the comfort zone, in which we know everything and don’t have any surprises. However, it doesn’t have any opportunities, either! Acquiring new knowledge and skills constantly develops our mental capacity, opens our mind, enhances our self-rating, and opens new horizons and opportunities. It goes without saying but there is not so many people doing that.
Obstacles, that stop us:
1. Laziness People by nature are lazy. They prefer taking known paths and apply different time-tested approaches of doing things. Collapse and panic happen when they need to use cerebration, act creatively, and react dependently on current circumstances. Instead of thinking how to overcome the problems, they will constantly look for ways to circumvent them.
THIS IS HOW OUR LIVES PASS BY: DEPRESSINGLY AND SADLY.
2. Complexes. Facing the unknown, our first reaction is fear that everything will fail. What is the fear? Where does it come from? Who causes it? The thing is that this is just a figment of our complexes. We spend too much time thinking about what people will say if we make a mistake; how it will look like and so on and so forth.
THIS IS TOO LUXURIOUS – TO SPEND YOUR LIFE FOR SATISFYING ALL AND SUNDRY!
3. Low self-esteem. Have you ever thought why our brain usually starts thinking about possible failures when you begin doing something new? We waste our precious energy for making up unbelievable movies inside our minds about difficulties and mistakes. We think about possible failures and do not want to jump over our heads.
TRY TO THINK BY CONTRADICTION, WHY OTHERS CAN DO THIS AND MANY OTHER THINGS!
4. Lack of patience. If you decided to do something new and you start to learn it, eventually you will stuck in a so-called 'Abyss'. This abyss is just a statement when you need to pull yourself together and keep going. You’ve passed the first stage where you have had success because you had started from the beginning. Stage 2 conceals more difficult tasks that require more energy. We’d rather give up than to overcome the difficulties and achieve the needed result.
THE TASTE OF VICTORY IS MUCH BETTER AFTER SELF-OVERCOMING!
5. Low exactingness. Unfortunately, an average person has low requirements towards self and the people around. He is satisfied with his sagging stomach, squeaking door, and scratched walls at the house entrance. It is easier to say a bunch of excuses why we do not have time than to overcome the laziness.
WE DESIRE A BETTER LIFE FOR OURSELVES BUT IT IS NOT LOGICAL IF WE CONSTANTLY DO NOTHING…
However, I will discover a big secret:
ALWAYS OVERCOMING SELF is very exciting and luring. Success by success, your shoulders are straightened more and more, you start breathing deeper, and any challenge will seem to be easy!
Constant development and moving forward provides you building up ‘new muscles’ and opens you new horizons. Never be afraid of mistakes – they are your priceless experience! Challenge yourself, do not be lazy to learn new things! A human can do nearly everything! How often do you challenge yourself? Share your success and mistake stories.